I have to admit, *alot* of times, I get lazy with my life. And suddenly I feel stuck around the corner.
While researching, I found this helpful passage to help you realize what you must do.
- if you dont make things happen, things will happen to you.
- stop talking, thinking or writing about your problem, start doing something.
- start acting.
- dont get anxiety, discomfort, or fear to prevent you from starting.
- most people are held back or are stuck in their tracks because they believe everything should feel good.
- once you accept life is, you can go ahead and do whatever needs to be done, despite how it makes you feel.
- we dont have to be ruled by our feelings; we can choose to let our reason guide us.
- we have to stop living on auto-pilot and get into the habit of thinking before acting.
- stop being shortsighted; realize that the pleasure now (watching tv, partying all night) yields to the pain of regret, shame and lack of advancement. the pain you choose to push through (working on a report late night) leads to pleasure and pride of accomplishment.
Word of encouragement:
Don’t make excuses. In fact we already have the tools to succeed. Those tools are: “A heart to resolve, a head to contrive, and a hand to execute.” (Edward Gibbon, 1737 ~ 1794)