Sometimes its very hard quitting smoking with just stopping all together (cold-turkey); Sometimes its also hard to quit by disciplining yourself to just smoke 1 stick per day. It is just not effective.
Here’s how I quit smoking:
- Prepare yourself mentally by meditating that smoking is negative i.e. mentally embed into your subconscious all the negative effects of smoking especially its TASTE.
- Quit smoking every week but have a cheat day
- Do not smoke for 6 days
- Smoke unlimitedly (do not limit yourself to just 1 stick – as long as you feel the need, smoke) for the 1 cheat day
- At first, you may find yourself using 1 pack for this 1 cheat day per week
- After some time, your body will be accustomed to the *non smoking for 6 days* and you may find the smoke a bad taste; and so this will gradually decrease the need to smoke for the 1 cheat day
- repeat for many months until you quit smoking
- This may be effective than other methods because quitting smoking is a subconscious matter.