Different kinds of Tor related Cyber Attacks and ways to combat those attacks.
- BIOS attacks – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNYsfUNegEA
- Man in the middle attack – eavesdrop through listening of unencrypted traffic at end nodes of network. Can be protected by SSL and end-to-end encryption.
- Confirmation attack – if both ends cooperate to attack you passing information from you, and then confirming information from the other end through correlation. Tor protects against traffic analysis such as the man-in-the-middle, but cannot protect against traffic confirmation.
- Metadata of images that may contain information such as date, time, GPS coordinates when the picture was taken, brand, serialnumber of the device, thumbnails or the original. Use the Metadata anonymisation toolkit to remove the metadata.
- Different tasks must have separate contextual identities by restarting Tails because Tor uses the same circuit relays (allowing to easily identify you)