Part II: Running Adempiere on IntelliJ IDEA
This part is a continuation of the first part which is creating projects up to compiling Adempiere in IntelliJ IDEA. Part 1: Adempiere on IDEA here. Running Adempiere is even easier that the previous part.
In the first part, we have built the Adempiere with the IntelliJ IDEA’s own build tool. Now, we will build Adempiere to package and prepare it for running inside an Application Server. We will use Glassfish as an Application Server.
The build.xml is an Ant build script necessary for preparing, compiling and packaging Adempiere. Adempiere guys created it for this purpose. I am writing an upgrade to the Ant build script to use a Maven build script for Adempiere.
The default target of build.xml (found in utils_dev\build.xml) is the complete target. The complete target creates all jar, dependencies, and everything else. End output is the installable Adempiere zip file.
- Click to open the Ant Build tool window in IntelliJ IDEA
- Click the “+” button to add the build.xml
- Find the utils_dev\build.xml
- Click OK to add.
- You will see an “adempiere” in the ant build tool window
- Open it and double click the “complete” target to execute.
The result of building should be like this and no error would occur. If there is for example a delete error, just re-run the complete target.
Running Adempiere Setup
- Inside the trunk directory, double click on Adempiere subdirectory
- Click RUN_Setup.bat
- Once done, you can now double click on the RUN_Adempiere.bat
I have used http://blogs.sun.com/praneet/entry/adempiere_in_netbeans_part_2 for the layout and organization.